Tuesday 18 September 2007

Today - 18th September

Today, I am sitting in a Starbucks close to Oxford circus as I have no internet at home and just did not want to go to LBS to make use of the Alumni business center. Did you know that the Starbucks Coffee Shops were ranked in the top ten best places to work for 2007!!! Makes you wonder what the other work places must be like.. Anyway, its quiet, filled with students from the Unveristy of Westminster deciding what undergrad courses to take.. the start of another school year in the UK.. All the newspapers are filled with the cost for tertiary education and what a terrible thing it is for the government to force its nationals to pay for the ability to study further.. I have to admit I don't know what the big deal is.. this is not a country where the difference between the haves and have nots is so wide that asking one to pay for tertiary education is discriminatory. Furthermore, every bank is offering amazing credit lines to students. I remember taking out very large student loans to go to university and not having a clue how I will repay them, but I eventually did.. and I can guarantee you that the undergrad costs of education is a tiny fraction of what we paid for business school.. Today, I am working on completing an investment memo for work and needed to work in an environment, clear of all the boxes and bags that have to be packed. The movers arrive on Thursday and then the house will be back to being emply and semi uncluttered. I sold the TV, DVD player, the kettle and the toaster yesterday, which now forces me to be out of the house for a bit. For those in the know, a five star hotel is being built adjacent to our block of apartments so the drilling can drive one crazy!!! So back to work for me.. I hope you enjoy all the other postings which have been stored until today for uploading..

No comments: