Tuesday 18 September 2007

JT in concert.. (for Notty)



A few days later it was off to see Justin Timberlake in concert.. all inspired by my friend Nothando who was heading over from Cape Town to watch him.. South Africa did not make the cut for his 150 concert tour so if you really want to see him in action, you had to splash out.. I don’t think I saw as many women congregating in one location in London, as I did at the concert.. at least 99% of the crowd was female and probably in their early 20’s.. the last time I had been to a concert was in 2001 to see Sting in Hyde Park.. so very different..

And concerts have changed significantly since then.. in those days, there was only one act.. at the JT concert, it opened with Fergie, there was a hint of Nelly Furtado and then we had Timbaland for about 45 minutes.. Not to mention the amazing dancers, back up singers and the lighting.. Its all about entertainment and not so much about talent these days… kind of made me feel old..

No comments: