Friday 14 September 2007

13 days before I bid London farewell.

I have been terrible at updating this.. so much has happened, so many continents have been travelled since I last wrote, but keeping this updated has been challenged as a result of Tiscali (ISP in London) disconnected my service 3 weeks early due to a technical hitch... which they cannot do anything about and it will take 2 weeks to reconnect.. Let me not tell you how unimpressed I was... Anyway, this weekend I am in Venice with Andreja, a friend and housemate from my MBA period. Her parents live about 2 hours away and since I did not want to apply for another visa (one has to conserve those pages), we thought Venice would be an appropriate meeting point.. so more from that trip a little later. Relocating to the US is probably the most stressful thing I have done in a while.. more stressful than the undergrad exams I took, especially those I did not study for, and more stressful than trying to apply for your nth passport in South Africa.. It is stressful as no one in the UK understands that you are actually closing shop in their country and moving.. Every UK service provider needs a local forwarding address! Its stressful because I need to decide now, what will go with me in my 2 suitcases, what needs to go into storage before we move into a proper house as opposed to an apartment.. what I need to post..but I will get there.. in the next 13 days.. but before I go into the mundane things.. there will be a few postings of all that I got up to from mid June to now.. and its not been a quiet period... lets start with all that went on in the month of july 2007..

1 comment:

Sarah Jarvis said...

Looks like we got your Tiscali service...they are STILL billing us! We can't wait to have you here!! Kisses to Andreja. The countdown is on. We'll be thinking of you. Remember - everything is cheaper here, so pack light. Love, S, Z & Queen B