Wednesday 20 May 2009

New homes in Southern California

We now have two homes and visitors are more than welcome in either abode.. one is in playa vista, 5 minutes from LAX airport but also 5 minutes away from the beach.. its a tough life... but weekends in SD were way too boring and we need a bit more city life.. jokes aside.. john is now working in LA and I work in airport lounges on most days, so having a home in LA makes tons of sense. so the very first thing I need to tell you about in LA is surfas.. (www.surfasonline.com) which started as a kitchen/restaurant supply store but now is the place for foodies.. a great cheese counter, an impressive boulangerie, and an excellent selection of spices including the great south African spice mixes that turns my cooking from average to something special.. I could spend hours in this place, but John gives me at most 30 minutes or else I may just come out with the entire store. Most importantly, I don't need to do my Waitrose shop everytime I am in the UK as this place has all the "special things" I like.. more to follow from the retro city..

No comments: